Pages

Slider

Untitled

Monday, November 19, 2012

Family Session | Sherwood, Wisconsin Photographer

Happy early Thanksgiving!!!!

It's been a long time since my last post, sorry friends! Life has been crazy busy in my little corner of the world; and let's just say I didn't do the greatest job adjusting to all the extra "stuff" on my plate(s).

You live you learn..I've learned a great deal about myself this month: (I do not handle LOTS of things at one time very well at all...). Ah well, at least now I know what to expect for next October; limits!!! So I am very happy it is November; and that I can share all the fun stuff with you that I did in October.. Weddings to post, engagement sessions, family sessions, SO MUCH STUFF!! Stick around because I will be caught up pretty quick with tons of yummy eye candy for your pleasure.

Without further ado; here is my first of the October crazyness:) A neat little family session.

Meet Matt, Morgan & Erin!



I was very excited to prepare for this session. When Erin & I had the styling consultation over the phone my creative energies skyrocketed; I couldn't wait to get out and location scout! It was a fun process; and I was glad to see the vision come together the day of the session.

We did have a few hiccups in preparing for our session....First, we needed to re-schedule once, as mother nature rained on our first scheduled date! In the end it was worth the reschedule, the weather the day of our session was pretty darn fantastic. Second: there was some wonderful corn fields in the background, and I started having nightmares about the farmers cutting it down before the session...(Which didn't happen by the way).

Third, and perhaps the more traumatic hiccup (for me anyways); the location I scouted had a last minute environmental change. The farmer who owns the land parked a big ol' yellow Bobcat with some big ol' wood piles next to the barn. The planner in me gasped at the sight of the bobcat sitting right where I wanted to shoot. (Yes, I actually "EEKED!" driving by in my car). But fortunately, I am a "prepper" (No, not the apocalyptic kind); and I visited the site a few days prior. This enabled me to change a few of the shots I originally intended to take without too much of a disruption the day of. Gladly, if fortune comes in threes all the bad luck was done and over, because come session time; everything went smoothly!!

So here is the eye candy as promised:)






Isn't Morgan adorable?!? and I just love the old barn equipment in the background. Such a timeless feeling.



This family is just too precious for words. I was so honored to witness their love for each other first hand. (Well technically if you count through my lens; then second hand!).



Oh little Morgan, that laughing smile of your makes my heart flutter:)

So here is the moment where I go on a tangent; but stick with me I promise you'll be happy you did. Erin quite possibly had the most brilliant idea ever for any family with young kiddos looking to get your pix taken...So; moms of the world here is what she did... As a reward for Morgan's cooperation with the family session; Erin gave her the opportunity to "play dress-up" for the camera! AWESOME!! I think I am adding this idea to my welcome packets for all my clients. I am envisioning, capes, favorite toy moments you name it. A definite fun way to end a session. And here are the pictures from Morgans "dress-up" time;






Ah yes, miss Morgan; being a princess is hard work!

Thanks for stopping by & Happy Thanksgiving!!!

~Jesse

0 comments:

Post a Comment